Do I need renter’s insurance when I go to college?

Nightmare

Verified member
Credits
$5.00330
To know if you need a renter's insurance or not when in a college actually depends on your situation or state of being. Yeah, it's not just a yes or no question but a situational dependent question.
As a student who has a student insurance you may not feel the need to get a renter's insurance when in collage.
Thus, you have to always remember that renter's insurance isn't the same with student insurance.
So therefore, your student insurance can't cover some certain things which the renter's insurance can. Likewise, renter's insurance can't civee some certain things that student insurance can.
My advise for this kind of situation is to get or have the both if possible. But if you're asked to choose between them, then it's advisable to go for studet insurance because it's comes with more great features than renter's insurance.
Anyway, as a student who goes college and sometimes some times you do rent rooms in the college. Well, in this kind of situation it's advisable to get a renter's insurance in order to spend less in terms of renting. But a student in colleague who doesn't rent at all, it advisable to only get your student insurance.
Anyway you can still get the renter's insurance, for emergency cases.